Saturday, September 22, 2007

Saturday in the Park


There is nothing better than a Saturday afternoon in the park (except a Saturday afternoon at Mountaineer Field), especially a Saturday afternoon in Central Park. The Wines headed to the park last Saturday to meet some friends. Sean packed us some snacks and Joe brought the beer and bocce balls. Mike Anderson joined us and our friend Chris Whalen was back in town from LA. Alex finally met Whalen....that's the last of Sean's former roommates. Alex and I hung out on a blanket and enjoyed the sun while the former roommates played bocce ball....you throw a little white golf ball sized ball out and try to hit it with bigger balls....whoever gets his ball closest to the little ball wins....boys and their balls!!!!!
Alex spent his first afternoon at a real babysitter's this week. Her name is Luz Maria, and she is a very sweet Colombian woman. If she keeps Alex much maybe he will be bi-lingual. Then our friend Jazzy kept him while I had "open school" night. He was a good boy for both of his sitters...yeah!!!!!!!! He has mastered rolling over onto his belly. Now he is working on using his knees and feet to scoot himself along....right off his play mat and blankets onto the floor. It won't be long until he is crawing, and then we'll never keep up with him!!!









We've been keeping a close eye on the Red Sox and are hoping they can hold on and win the AL East. I've been trying to find a good luck outfit for Alex, but haven't settled on one yet...it would help if the Sox would get on a little bit of a win streak. We've also been enjoying watching the Mountaineers play on TV. We can't wait until we get to the Syracuse came in a couple of weeks.

On a more unfortunate note, it's a good thing my mom didn't name me Grace. I was going into the RiteAid a few blocks from our apartment this week and I got my heel caught in hole in a man-hole cover....down I went....like in slow motion. I scuffed my knee and shoulder a little and scraped my chin big time....OUCH!!! Nothing major: no broken bones, no stitches. I guess my pride and vanity were injured the most.

4 comments:

Aunt Jane said...

Alex,

You are looking just too cute! Aunt Jane misses you soooooo much, hurry home. I know you miss me too.
Gee Anne, I'm glad you weren't carrying Alex, glad you are alright. Love you Geek boy.

XOXOXOXOXOX

WVU-Mama said...

Sox are going to win the AL East! Mark it down. The Evil Empire (aka damned Yankees) just cinched a play off berth with their win last night. They don't have anything more to play for in the coming weeks. Plus, now the "magic number" is 2 (Soxs wins &/or Yankee loses.) It's a matter of time. Go Sox!!!

P.S. Holy moly! Did I understand our mother correctly. Alex & E are going to be in the same size diaper the next time you make a diaper purchase??? Way to grow, baby!

WVHoovie said...

Okay, so I finally got a google account to post a comment. Hope all is well and I hope that the next trip you take is planned! Oh btw the dancing babies was a hoot!

suecunningham said...

Dear Anne,
What cute pictures!!!
I miss all of you bunches.
Love,
MOM

Today:

Lilypie