Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Vacation Days

The Wine family has been enjoying the last days of my summer vacation in the West Virginia hills!!! We came home for Alex's baptism on Sunday, August 12 (I'll post pictures as soon as someone sends me some!!) and have been here ever since. Both the Wine's and the Cunningham's have been spoiling their little Alex. He has had a lot of fun playing with his cousin Elizabeth. He has met so many people on this trip home...his "Great-Godfather" Rob Flynt and Grace, Great Aunt Sarah, Class of '86 members Tim Hoover and "neighbor" JL Holsberry, Elizabeth's Nana Carol Amos, Russ and Joy Shepherd, MaMa Bea, and Thelma Lou West. Alex was even privileged enough to have an audience with the Mayor of Sutton, Jim Walker (Sean's former drama teacher!!) He attended the Wine/Singleton family reunion on Saturday, August 18 where he one the prize for the youngest Wine in attendance. He took his Grandma and Papi (no, not "Big Papi" David Ortiz, but my dad....a huge Red Sox fan....so appropriately he is being called Papi instead of Grandpa!!!) out to dinner for their 41st anniversary on August 20. We will probably head back to the Big Apple sometime at the end of this week.


















































If you haven't seen it yet, you HAVE to visit my sister's blog to see Alex and Elizabeth dancing (JibJab). It is truly hilarious!!!! Check it out at http://wvu-mama.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

WVU-Mama said...

I have sent you pictures...where is the love in you posting pictures to your blog but not sending me any??? And, while I'm at being catty...it is Wines' and Cunninghams' (plural possessive, not singular possessive.) I should know, my Mom was an English teacher! Hope you've had a safe trip home. Love you, mean it!!! (Seriously!) ;-)

Today:

Lilypie