Monday, June 18, 2007

Birthday & Fathers' Day

This weekend brought us two celebrations. On Saturday I celebrated my birthday...no I'm not telling you how old I am. Sandra, my best friend who happens to share the same birthday, declared it "Happy 16th!!!" I like the sound of that, especially since the 2 of us decided several years ago that we refused to get any older. My wonderful son Alex instructed his dad to go out first thing Saturday morning and buy me flowers....they are beautiful!!!! We had a quiet evening here at the apartment. Sean made me a delicious cake....chocolate with coffee served warm with ice cream!!!! I got a gift bag full of goodies including a gift certificate to a local spa for a manicure/pedicure, the perfume "Lovely," and a magazine over-viewing Big East football! (Yes, I'm a football geek!!!)










On Sunday Sean celebrated his first official Fathers' Day. Grandma Sue treated us all to coffee and breakfast from Starbucks. On Sunday evening we took Alex into Manhattan for the very first time. He was great on the train...didn't cry a bit, but was wide-eyed and awake. We went to Central Park and picked out a spot on the bank overlooking the Boat House. We had a family picnic. Sean got cards and had his brag book filled up with pictures of our angel Alex. (He had gotten his big gift, a DVD camcorder, on his birthday as a b-day, dads' day, anniversary present.) We took some pictures by the lake and in front of Bethesda Fountain. It was a very nice evening...warm, but with a gentle breeze. What a great weekend!!!!!

No comments:

Today:

Lilypie